Exercise physiology is the study of the acute responses and chronic adaptations to a wide range of physical exercise conditions.
Each session created includes this component of development to sustain the workload and is of vital significance to the periodization or development of the individual and the team. According to the age of the soccer player, there are specific training directions we need to take.
We are able to measure peak height velocity in order to be able to adjust the training load accordingly to each player (predict a measure of a child’s biological maturity. Peak height velocity (PHV) is a somatic biological maturity indicator and reflects the maximum velocity in statural growth. It is the onset of PHV that is the best determiner of when to increase the training focus on aerobic and strength development)
Ergometric evaluation is especially important for the long-term development process of young soccer players providing scientific accurate information regarding the training needs of the players, and whether the training program should focus on specific elements.
ECE-Soccer provides the following services:
ERGO METRIC EVALUATIONS
Yo-Yo Intermittent Recovery Test 2
Injury Prevention Program:
Functional Movement Screen (FMS)
Ergometric evaluation is defined the measurement of all sports performance related fitness parameters (i.e. endurance, speed, strength, agility etc.) through scientifically proven accurate, precise, and high-quality testing protocols during both laboratory and filed testing situations.
Ergometric evaluation is vital for athletic population participating in individual, team sports, or even just been physically active for health-related benefits.
Sports performance testing provides among others the following benefits:
- Identify weaknesses: The main purpose of testing is to examine the level of the individual and identify what are his/her weaknesses and what are his/her strengths. This is done by identifying the main components of fitness in the specific sport discipline and then chose the appropriate tests to examine these fitness components.
- Monitor Progress: The employment of periodical fitness testing provides the coaches, sports scientist and athletes with the advantage to examine the effectiveness of the employed/prescribed training regime.
- Injury Prevention: Poor physical conditioning is one of the main parameters that are related to injury prevention.
- Provide Feedback/increase motivation: The feedback provided by the obtained results may increase the motivation of the athlete to improve in the specific parameter knowing that testing will be repeated periodically throughout the year.
- Maximizing Performance: In the holistic approach, the individual that is performing during an athletic activity is a result of the combination of all aspects of conditioning.
- Educate Coaches and Athletes: By performing an assessment of human fitness both coaches and athletes can realize and understand the conditioning needs in the sports they participate /serve in order to succeed.
- Safety and Health-related benefits: Testing procedures can provide us with the specific limits of the individual regarding the training prescription in order to “manufacture” an appropriate training regime aiming to improve its capabilities but within a safely employed limit that will not lead to exertion capable of resulting to all kinds of injuries or even health-related outcomes.
- Talent Identification: To date, all sports disciplines are vital to identifying the individuals that could be suitable for perform at a high level (in these specific sports). Through the implementation of ergometric evaluations, sports scientists and coaches are able to identify these individuals that have a predisposition for specific sports.
- Long Term Athlete Development: Ergometric valuation is of major importance in long-term athlete development in all sports disciplines.
Head of Performance: Dr. Nikolaos Koundourakis
Excerpt from E.C.E.S mental and physical development manual for youth soccer players.
Sports Conditioning concerns aerobic capacity also includes all aspects of fitness such as aerobic capacity, anaerobic capacity, repeated sprint capacity, change of direction, agility training, jumping ability, speed performance, flexibility, static balance, dynamic balance, neuromuscular coordination, strength, and suppleness.
ECE-Soccer has the ability to offer via our well educated and certified/licensed associates’ well-structured training regimes targeting the specific needs of each athlete.
Apart from individual regimes, we have the experience to provide training programs for a group of athletes or even sports teams of all ages.
Long-term athlete’s development programs for professional, collegiate and youth team during pre-season, off-season or the competitive period.
It should be highlighted that our sports conditioning regime can be directed apart from the individual needs, to the sports specific needs, aiming to maximize abilities which are sports related (Baseball, football, basketball, Lacrosse etc.)
Sports nutrition is the study and practice of nutrition and diet with regards to improving athletic performance.
The adequate covering of the nutritional needs of an individual ensures that during exercise training and/or competition he/she will able to maintain performance at the desired level which does not deteriorate resulting from the inability of the boy to supply the appropriate amount of energy given for the specific task.
Cover energy losses during games/trainings
Provide adequate protein, amino-acids, antioxidants to improve muscle anabolism and counteract the anticatabolic effects of exercise
Maintain Total body weight and our players in a hydrated state by employing rehydration techniques
According to the exercise, training stimulus provide the adequate supplements
Timing of Carbohydrate ingestion
Type of Carbohydrate ingestion
Percentage of nutrients in daily Diet.